The mission of the Meskwaki Nation Police Department is to improve the quality of life through the reduction of crime, maintenance of public order, and the enhancement of public safety by providing open, honest, and professional law enforcement service while protecting the proud cultural tradition of the Meskwaki people.
About Our Department
Tribal Council Resolution #1-2001, passed January 18, 2011, enacted Articles 1 & 2 of Title 13, Law & Order of the Tribal Code, which legislatively established the Tribal Police Department. The department’s operational systems were activated in 2005, and the Meskwaki Nation Police Department (MNPD) patrols began October 1, 2006.
- Community-oriented policing
- Working in partnership with Tribal entities
- Collaborating with other local, state, tribal, and federal enforcement offices and agencies
- Providing 24-hour patrols of the Meskwaki Settlement and surrounding boundaries
- Assisting with ambulance medical and fire calls
- Assisting motorists in need of help
- Crime prevention
- Conducting community education and outreach
- Co-Sponsor of the Meskwaki Nation-Toledo Police Explorer Post #186 – the program provides career orientation experiences, leadership opportunities, and community service activities.
- Sex Offender Registration and Notification Act (SORNA) – site office for the registration of sex offenders.
Meet Our Leadership Team
Announcements & Events
Who: Community elders, members of the Meskwaki Elders Circle, & members of the Meskwaki Nation Police Department What: Discuss Meskwaki life and Police life to strengthen relationships between two unique […]
Frequently Asked Questions
Police Department Staff
Department Contact Information
Monday – Friday: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Physical & Mailing Address
1632 305th Street
Tama, IA 52339
Office Telephone: (641) 484-4844
Our officers provide 24-hour coverage.
For 24-hour non-emergency assistance and to be connected to the MNPD officer on duty:
- Dial (641) 484-3760 (Meskwaki/Tama County Dispatch telephone number)
- Choose option 1
- Ask to speak with the MNPD officer on duty
We are located on the 2nd floor of the Public Works Building. Use the east side entrance and walk up the stairs to find our office.
Connect With Us on Facebook
- Payment of fines for the Meskwaki Tribal Court
- Payment of fines for the State of Iowa
- Tribal SORNA
- State SORNA
- Iowa VINE
- Meskwaki Behavioral Health
- Marshall County Jail Information
- Excluded subjects
- Extra patrol request
- Compliment form
- Complaint form
- Wildlife, Hunting, and Animal Concerns/Information form
Contact the Meskwaki Nation
Get in touch with our main office if you have general questions or need assistance finding the correct department to contact.