The purpose of the Historical Preservation Department is to research, archive, protect, conserve, and perpetuate the traditional resources of the Sac & Fox Tribe of the Mississippi in Iowa.
What We Do
- Research and recover items defined in NAGPRA
- Maintain a database of all summaries and documentation received from institutions
- Receive and assume custodial charge of all objects acquired by purchase, donation, and repatriation.
- Provide historical research and data to Tribal Council, departments, and tribal programs.
- Provide information, displays, and collections to the Tribal community as well to the general public through the Meskwaki Museum & Cultural Center, the Tribal Center, the MBCH and others
How We Help
You can contact the Historic Preservation Department for the following:
- NAGPRA Issues
- 106 Process Undertakings
- Artifact Donation
- Monetary Donation
- History Questions
- Lending Art/Artifacts
The Historic Preservation Department Staff
Contact the Meskwaki Nation
Get in touch with our main office if you have general questions or need assistance finding the correct department to contact.