2021 PTEC – Promoting Tribal Economies and Community
COHORT BEGINS: April 26, 2021 – 5 openings available
PTEC is a workforce program from Meskwaki Community members interested in enhancing their workplace skills and learning about food, farming and related business.
Who is eligible?
- Meskwaki Tribal Community members and other Native Americans within the community are invited.
Important details to know:
- Accepting applications for five (5) openings
- Longer season, through November
- 3 positions at Red Earth Gardens (REG)
- 2 positions at Food Sovereignty
- 20 hours of classroom training
- On-the-job training for duration
- Transportation available
- Certification upon successful completion of program
Application/intake forms are available at the Tribal Center Front Desk and HR Office.
Completed applications can be returned to the Workforce Development Office located at: 3134 H Ave, Tama IA 52339.
In an effort to mitigate the spread of Covid-19 within our valued tribal community, interested persons are highly encouraged to get vaccinated. PTEC and the Workforce Development office will continue to follow all protocols such as requiring masks at all times, checking temperatures when visiting tribal offices, socially distancing and frequent hand washing.
If you have any questions please contact Stephanie Snow, Workforce Education Coordinate at (641) 481-1855.