The Meskwaki Health Clinic Benefit Coordinators, Gloria Fonseca and Tamela Davenport, can assist you applying for the Iowa Rent and Utility Assistance Program. Call the Clinic at (641) 484-4094 and ask for Gloria or Tamela.
The Iowa Rent and Utility Assistance Program may provide eligible renters with help and utility bills.
Rent Payments: Past due payments and future payments up to three months of assistance at a time.
Utility Payments: Past due payments: electricity, gas, propane or fuel oil, water, sewer and/or trash removal. Future Payments: not available.
Up to 12 months of combined assistance: Eligible renters may apply for rent assistance only, utility assistance only or both.
Note: All past due payments are for costs incurred no earlier than March 13, 2020.
- Renter households with incomes of no more than 80% of Area Median Income.
- One or more individuals in the household has qualified for unemployment benefits.
OR has experienced a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs or experienced other financial hardship due directly or indirectly to the coronavirus outbreak.
- The household can demonstrate a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability which may include a past due utility or rent notice or eviction notice.
- Renter households that have incomes above 80% of Area Median Income.
- Renter households in which no household members qualify for unemployment benefits at time of application or the household has not experienced a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs or experienced other financial hardship due directly or indirectly to the coronavirus outbreak.
- Households which cannot provide all required documentation.
- Renter households with sublet or sublease arrangements.
- Homeowner households.