PROTECTIVE PAYEE PROGRAM
(Financial Skills Strengthening Families)
- Ensuring the proper use of minor and vulnerable adult per capita distributions.
- Equipping members of the Meskwaki Community with the knowledge and confidence needed to manage personal finances, with skill and judgment.
- Assist community members who would like assistance with their per capita distribution, personal finances, social security benefits, and/or advice on seeking our public assistance. The payee can conduct financial assessments, create personal financial plans, and provide information and guidance promoting fiscal responsibility.
- Assist you in developing and/or maintaining money management skills.
- Personal Financial Assessments
- Goal Setting
- Record Keeping Strategies
- Developing Spending Plans
- Understanding Credit and your Credit Report
- Debt Management
- Bill Payment: Over Seeing Payment of, and Staying Current with, Monthly Living Expenses
- The protective payee can direct individuals or families in need of social services to the appropriate agency.
- Meskwaki Family Services also provides payee services for individuals receiving Social Security benefits. This service may be entered on a voluntary basis.
- The Social Security Payee Service provides the same services as the Protective Payee Program.