Behavioral Health Services (formerly known as MADAC) mission is to promote healthy practices that develop mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual balance through counseling and prevention services to the Meskwaki Nation in order to promote the health and well-being of individuals, couples, and families.
CRISIS LINE CALL: (641) 481-0049
If you would like to find out more about the program’s mental health services or schedule a mental health appointment or evaluation, please call 641-484-4094.
If you would like to find out more about the program’s substance abuse services or schedule a substance abuse evaluation or appointment, please call 641-484-9482.
What We Do:
The program consists of substance abuse counselors, as well as licensed mental health counselors and prevention specialists to help address these need areas.
Promoting healthy practices that develop mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual balance, the team provides culturally sensitive prevention activities and outpatient services for youth, adults, and seniors in the Meskwaki community.
Behavioral Health Services offers outpatient mental health counseling, mental health evaluations, substance abuse evaluations, intensive outpatient substance abuse groups and treatment, as well as referral to higher levels of care for each individual’s unique needs. Specifically, outpatient counseling will be offered for depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, substance related concerns, interpersonal issues, schizophrenia, and other mood related issues. Additionally, outpatient mental health counseling is offered on an individual basis, as well as for couples and families.
In addition to specific services, prevention activities are also offered to clients. Community events and programming that promotes health and well-being will be offered on a monthly basis. Providers will work collaboratively with
identified treatment team members to assist patients in receiving the care needed to live a healthy and balanced life.
The Meskwaki settlement’s adults, adolescents, children and families will have optimal physical and behavioral health; where behavioral health, substance abuse, dependency and addiction are recognized as health issues; and where stigma and other barriers to recovery are eliminated. We serve clients within the Meskwaki Contract Health Services delivery area.
- We believe in a holistic approach to restore harmony and unity to the individuals, families and communities that we serve.
- We believe in the highest level of care, while respecting cultural values.
- We believe in outreach and assessment of community needs; and advocacy for the provision of those needs.
- We believe in strength-based and client centered treatment with linkages and referrals to other community-based resources for continued recovery.
- We believe in a non-judgmental approach with compassion, respect and dignity for all.
- Provides quality screening, assessment, treatment, and referral services for any Native American residing in the contract health service delivery area.
- Provides culturally competent substance abuse and behavioral health interventions to treat the whole person and family members more effectively.
- Functions as an interdisciplinary team, continually exploring and implementing innovative behavioral health interventions that improve the quality of the lives of the individuals and families we serve.
- Helps build resilience and facilitates recovery for people with or at risk for behavioral or substance use disorders.
- Provides a supportive, helpful environment with the belief that all people can and do recover from chemical dependency and behavioral health challenges.
- Promotes and teaches healthy practices that develop mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual balance.
- Provides culturally sensitive prevention activities for the youth, seniors and the Meskwaki community.
- Alcohol/Drug Use screening/assessments
- Depression and suicidal risk assessment
- Domestic Violence referral
- Mental health assessment/treatment
- Alcohol use/abuse involvement screenings
- Crisis intervention services
- Gambling assessment and referrals
- Tobacco screenings and referrals
|Program Director||Caitlin Silveira, LMHC (Interim)|
|Substance Abuse Counselor||Marilyn Spoon, CADC|
|Substance Abuse Counselor||Stephanie Moore|
|Prevention Specialist||Lynne Coleman|
|Mental Health Counselor||Caitlin Silveira, LMHC|
|Mental Health Counselor||Dana Cheek, LISW, CADC|
|Mental Health Counselor||Amanda Papakee, LMFT|
|Mental Health Counselor||Larry Newman, LISW, PMHNP|
|Physical Address:||Mailing Address:||Phone: 641.484.9482|
|1646 305th Street
Tama, IA 52339
|1646 305th Street
Tama, IA 52339